Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Day I Became a Mom



*       The birth of my first born took place in a hospital in my hometown, I went in at 6 in the morning and I was given medicine to induce my labor, it was a very long process and by 7 my body wasn’t making enough process so the medication was stopped to prevent overstressing the baby. The next morning the hospital staff and I began with the same routine and this time it worked. I received my epidural and about 2 hours later it was time to push, within 3 minutes I had given birth to my first daughter and my life was changed forever. I chose this experience because it was a huge milestone in my life and I was blessed with my first child. I think that I was very blessed to have a medical staff monitor the entire process and make sure that my daughter and I were safe from complications. Unfortunately, there are many women in third world countries that give birth with no doctors or nurses in unsanitary conditions and they risk the survival of themselves and their babies.  I think that stress during the birthing process and complications can lead to a loss of oxygen for the fetus and increase the risk for brain damage that can affect the child’s development negatively.

 

3 comments:

  1. It is very pleasing to have adequate medical staff around you while giving birth or going through the process. Since having my son a year ago, I can truly witness to the fact that having a great medical team surrounding you and supporting you makes the experience even more important. It is sad to hear that some women are not as fortunate and have to take the chance on bringing their newborn into the surroundings of uncleaniness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chasity'
    Yes it is reassure that there is adequate medical assistance for pregnant women but just remember that just because other countries dont have that advantage in the US women can still have complications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed hearing about your experience and the help you received from the medical field. I, myself, felt peace knowing that I was in good hands at the hospital if anything should go wrong. I have a new appreciation for those that have their children in third world countries.

      Delete